Thank you for your interest in submitting an article for use on WEXNET “Share Your Story”. We trust that both writers and readers will find this an intriguing opportunity to learn, inspire and motivate each other.
Our main objective is to be truly helpful, to provide information that empowers our readers to make changes and support them in being their own experts. We like stories that have a strong point of view and come from the heart, that are challenging or evocative. We are interested in seeing well-written features, “how I did it” stories, tips and hints, instructions and motivation to help our audience gain knowledge that will help them grow and succeed in both their personal and professional lives. By sharing our stories, we’ll be teaching other women how to take that first step and move forward. Please share details such as:
– What inspired you? Were you downsized, divorced, etc and thought “if not now, then when?”
– How did you finally decide “What you were going to be when you grew up?”
– How did you get past all of the nay-sayers that said you could never do it?
– How did you move beyond your negative past to create your positive future?”
– How did you start putting the pieces together to build your own business?
– What tips would you give someone who is thinking “I could never start my own business”
We do have some simple guidelines to be followed:
1) All submissions must be a minimum of 250 words and no more than 1,000 words. For us, an
ideal article size is 500-750 words.
a) Articles must be submitted in a Word document, with no fancy formatting or fonts. Simple Times New Roman or Arial 12pt. font is fine.
b) Do not indent on your lists.
c) Do not use ALL capital letters in any portion of your article, title included.
3) Your article must include your full name, business name and valid email address.
4) Contact information such as a website link and phone number will only be included if you include it with your article.
5). Do not include attachments or graphics as these will not be included with your article.
6) All submissions may be edited for length and clarity. You must have proper English, spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization and sentence structure. Your article must also be proofed and double checked for accuracy, as WEXNET will not be responsible for such errors.